Sunday, August 8, 2010

Crossover Challenge

This small piece (about 12"x12") came out of a Leslie Carabas machine quilting workshop. At the July class at the wonderful Mendocino Arts Center, she challenged us to use just two fabrics with high contrast, and then to somehow interrupt or downplay the line between them. I decided to finish the exercise into a small quilt, and I experimented with adding some piecing to the binding and a little beading.  I don't think I'll get into embellishing with beads--requires patience I lack!

The best part of the class was the opportunity to meet with an amazing group of quilters who share my belief that quilting can be a spiritual experience.  We had a chance to get together and share on that subject--just a taste of what we hope will come of future gatherings among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment