Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wedding Quilt: Sage and Butter Tessellations


In quilting with an open heart, I am often blessed with spiritual rewards as I sew. With this quilt for my daughter Brenna and her soul mate, I worked with their color palette (sage green and buttery yellow) and their desires for a nature-inspired but not flowery quilt. As I pushed the color scheme (because I just had to), I felt that each new color brought a prayer for their union.  And so, the label reads:

"As you walk the labyrinth of life together, may your lives be as sacred as sage, as rich as butter, as sweet as chocolate and as grounded as the earth in all its seasons. May surprises fascinate you like an iris blooming in the meadow. May your days be bathed in Light and, while you sleep beneath this wedding quilt as each day flows into the next like a tessellation, may blessed dreams guide your paths and help you to be beautifully joined in love forever."

100" x 100" - Shown on a queen bed


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Chris. I love how the colors just flow together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt, I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete