Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ask and You Shall Receive: 3 Quilts Starting Their Travels

This year I sensed that it was time to stop living as if managing remodels were my purpose in life! Several years of that really interfered with my writing and my quilting. Finally, we are 95% done with our construction, and I'm delighted -- my new studio is divine! So, now, in getting ready for my book to launch (which seems to be a calling), I felt that maybe doing more showing of my quilts outside my local area would be wise. So I asked the Spirit to help, followed promptings as to which pieces to submit to which shows, sent them in with prayers for the doors to open where they should, and here we are, 3 quilts on their way to 5 venues. Hallelujah!
"Dualism Deconstructed" (above) will be at Sacred Threads in metro DC in July. "Vintage Wagon Wheels" (below, made from antique blocks and vintage fabrics) is going to IMAGES 2013, part of the annual Lowell Quilt Festival to raise money for the New England Quilt Museum in Massachusetts in August.
Bring On the Endorphins!" will be traveling to the World Quilt Show in New Hampshire in August, Pennsylvania National in metro Philadelphia in September, and Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF) in Santa Clara, CA in October as part of SAQA's "Color Wheel of Emotions" exhibit, all juried shows I'm thrilled to be a part of!
I'm especially excited to meet the other artists at Sacred Threads, a show I've always wanted to exhibit in since it is a venue specifically for quilters who see their art as part of their spiritual journey! IMAGES is special because this is third year for me to have a quilt in that show, held in my father-in-law and his ancestors' home town. And the SAQA show is exciting because of its multiple venues, great feedback and interaction with the team of women involved in putting the exhibit together, and the opportunity to see the exhibit when it comes to PIQF. I feel honored and grateful to share my passion through these events.

1 comment: