Thursday, November 18, 2010

Groundbreaking Day for a New Quilt Studio

For the fifteen years I have been quilting, I have carved out creative space in a sequence of rooms: a dining room, a bedroom, a closet, a hallway and finally, a (former) living room. But today, my dream of a "real" quilt studio has reached a MAJOR milestone. Twenty-six months after beginning the design phase with our architect and commencing The Sea Ranch Design Review process, we got our association and our Sonoma County building permits. And today our contractor began the site work!

I am very excited!  We're adding on about 500 square feet for the quilt studio with an office area and a little dye studio, plus some some much needed storage area and a one-car garage. It's all hexagonal and strange, in keeping with the existing house. I'll keep you posted on progress. I'll post some pictures and drawings. And I'll probably seek input on many of the decisions we're bound to face along the way. Here's hoping for a some dry weather in the next couple of months and blessedly smooth sailing.

Oh, yes, there's much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and Toby, Chris, on getting underway! But I wouldn't count on dry weather for the next couple of months. It not only rained this morning, but I woke up to lightening and thunder during the night! Wow!

    ReplyDelete